Bottomless Strawberry Apple Pie
- Apples, strawberries, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, flour, canola oil, egg, plain yogurt, fat free cream cheese, milk
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Rinse all produce. Dice 2 apples and boil for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and add in 1/2 a cup of diced strawberries. Add 1 teaspoon of nutmeg, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of ginger. Mix or blend well.
Next, apply a cooking non-stick spray or oil to a pie baking dish and pour your strawberry apple filling into it
Now, make your top cover crust by adding 1 cup of flour, 1 tablespoon of canola oil, 1 egg, a pinch of nutmeg and 1/4 cup of milk in a bowl. Add more flour if need be for your crust
With a rolling pin or your hands, flatten your top cover crust and place it on top of your filling. Place in the oven on 325 degrees for roughly 20 minutes
While your bottomless pie is baking, it is now time to create even more decadence. You will now create an icing for your pie! That's right, I said it, an icing for your pie!
For your icing, in a bowl, combine 4 ounces of fat free cream cheese, 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, 1/4 cup of diced strawberries, a drizzle of honey and a pinch of ginger and nutmeg. Mix or blend until your pie icing is completely smooth and lump free.
Once your bottomless pie has cooled, apply this rich and indulgent icing all over the top of the pie
You'll also love
- White Chocolate Berry Bread Pudding 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Refrigerator Cookies 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- No Bake Cookies (Pooh Pooh Cookies) 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Vegetable Pot Pie 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Recipe for chocolate-covered... 4.4/5 (91 Votes)
- Green apple and prosciutto salsa... 4.4/5 (102 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcake 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.