Vegetable Pot Pie
There are countless chicken pot pie recipes out there, but how about a recipe for the vegetarians in the world?! We like to indulge in the gooey center, flaky crust, and comfort food just like those meat eaters!!!
This recipe is so easy! It uses pancake/waffle/baking mix (any brand, or all purpose mix like Bisquick) and frozen veggies.....you can't get much easier than that!
- Bottom Crust:
- 3/4 cup pancake/waffle/baking mix (I used Arrowhead Mills Multigrain pancake and waffle mix)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup pancake/waffle/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- pinches of salt and black pepper
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (I used 1 cup corn and 1 cup peas)
- 2 cups broth (vegetable if you're vegetarian. I used chicken broth.)
- Top Crust:
- 1/2 cup pancake/waffle/baking mix
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix together the ingredients for the bottom crust. Mold crust into the bottom and up the sides of a 9x9 pie pan. Bake for 5 mins.
Meanwhile, make the filling: Spray the bottom of a medium sauce pan with cooking spray. Add the applesauce and turn on heat to medium. Add the baking mix and stir for one minute. Add the remaining filling ingredients and cook until the broth is reduced about one cup.
Pour filling into bottom crust.
For the top crust, combine the mix and milk and pour over filling, spreading it evenly over the pie.
Bake for 20 mins, or until top is golden.
You'll also love
- Eggplant Nuggets 3.6/5 (130 Votes)
- Albondigas 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Shredded Carrots with Dried Fruit 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Cherry Tomato Salsa 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- American Sweet Potato Pie 4.1/5 (34 Votes)
- Momma's sloppy joes 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Apple & Pear Crumb Pie 4.1/5 (37 Votes)
- Vegetable Pie 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!