Classic Turkey Pot Pie
Individual servings of Turkey Pot Pie. Leftovers have never been so good!
An easy way to stretch the budget adding great creamy comfort food to your week by using turkey
- 1 pkg. defrosted puff pastry
- 2 cups diced cooked Turkey
- 2 peeled
- diced potatoes
- 1 celery rib
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup each frozen peas and corn
- 1 green pepper
- 1 leek
- sliced into rings
- 1 tsp. each thyme
- garlic powder
- salt and black pepper
- 1 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp. EVOO
- 1 cup leftover gravy or broth
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy free soy or almond milk
- evaporated milk or 15% milk ) can be used
- sesame seeds for sprinkling
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a preheated skillet add oil then leeks. Saute on med. heat to soften. Add the remaining veggies except the frozen veggies. Stir occasionally to soften all veggies.
Sprinkle with flour, stir to cook through. Add broth, continue stirring to thicken. Pour in milk, herbs and spices.
When mixture thickens slightly add frozen veggies. Stir to coat and turn heat off. Mix in turkey and set aside to cool to room temp.
Roll pastry to a 1/4" thickness and large enough to cut out 4 circles large enough to cover your vessels.
Spoon generous portions into 4 oven proof dishes.
Stretch dough over mixture.
Brush with extra milk, sprinkle with seeds.
Bake in preheated 375f oven on a baking sheet until lightly golden brown, approx. 40-45 min.
Can be prepared and frozen then popped into a preheated oven.
You'll also love
- Khoorabia (Armenian Butter Cookies) 3.9/5 (37 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Pecan Fingers 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Veggie Pizza Squares 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Coleslaw 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Paprika Turkey Stuffing 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Classic Cherry Blackberry Pie 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Tofu Mutter 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Mom's Best Holiday Dressing 4.4/5 (23 Votes)