We always make these as one of our Christmas cookies. But they are good at any tie of the year.
We always make these cookies for Christmas. But they are good at any time of the year!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Beat butter and sugar together, in bowl, until creamy and fluffy.
Gradually add the flour until well mixed in, then salt, vanilla and pecans.
Shape level teaspoons of dough into 2-inch-long fingers.
Place on un- greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool before eating.
Make sure to store these in plastic containers. Sometimes before eating or gifting you need to sprinkle a bit of extra powdered sugar on them because it gets knocked off of them very easily.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1452 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- Insanely delicious cookies from... 3.2/5 (234 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn 6 steps to chocolaty Oreo PARADISE 4.6/5 (90 Votes)
- Triple Peppermint Bars 3.1/5 (208 Votes)
- Ginger Crinkles 4.9/5 (57 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Sex In A Pan 3.9/5 (126 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!