Christmas cookies recipes - 8 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: Christmas cookies with chocolate chips, easy Christmas cookies, Christmas Baking
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Christmas cookies recipes
Pecan FingersRecipewe ♡
We always make these cookies for Christmas
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Christmas Tree Cookies You Can Make with the Kids
It's that time of year again. If you're home with the kids, these Christmas-Tree cookies are a great DIY project you can make together. Not to mention delicious!
Whipped Short Bread Cookies
Great Christmas cookies that just melt in your mouth
- 1 block of butter
- 3 cups all propose flour
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Sprinkles as desired
11 Chocolate Chip Cookie Mistakes You're Probably Making
You've probably been making some pretty basic mistakes.
My Favorite Gingerbread Cookies
Gingerbread is a Christmas tradition that stems from Germany
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Gingerbread spice pack (In Germany, they provide a pre-mixed spice pack just for Gingerbread, somewhat similar to our Pumpkin Pie Spice)
- **If you don't have the pre-mixed spice pack: 1 tsp. allspice, 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp clove.
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 1/2 cups flour
1. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Eggnog Glaze:
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons eggnog
Here's What Gingerbread Looks Like Around The World
There's more to this delicious holiday treat than just the Gingerbread Man. Sweet & spiced with everything nice, here's what it looks like around the world!
- ¾ c butter
- 1 ½ c brown sugar
- ¾ c sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ c evaporated milk
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
- 4 1/8 (? Ask mom) c flour
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
Italian Florentine Lace CookiesRecipewe ♡
One of our favorite Christmas cookies
- 1 3/4 cups sliced, blanched almonds ( about 5 oz.)
- 3 tbsp. AP flour
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange ( about 2 tbsp. )
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
Classic German Christmas Cookies
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup ground almonds
- icing sugar
Christmas Cookies Glaze
Spoon over cookies. Top (if desired) with quartered red and green candied cherries
- ¼ c butter golden
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2-4 tbsp. hot water
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!