Classic German Christmas Cookies
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup ground almonds
- icing sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Cream together eggs, sugar and butter.
Stir in almonds and flour.
Roll out dough and cut in two sizes of circle.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
Cool completely. Fill with jam and sprinkle with icing sugar.
You'll also love
- Beet Juice Grape Jelly (Preserves) 4/5 (37 Votes)
- Instant Blueberry Preserves On Rye 3.9/5 (48 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Pecan Fingers 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Easy German Chocolate Layer Cake 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Whipped Short Bread Cookies 3.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Shoe Fly Pie 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Diane's Pear Apple Napoleon 2.7/5 (13 Votes)
- lemon blueberry muffins 2.7/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.