- 4 cups apples
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup plus 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cups quick oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Combine the following into a buttered, oven-safe dish: apples, white sugar, 1/4 cup flour, and cinnamon.
In a separate dish, combine the rest of the flour, oats, brown sugar and margarine. Sprinkle this mixture over the mixture from step one.
Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes until apples are tender.
If mixture is too thin, add a beaten egg. It will help thicken without changing the flavour.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.