butter tart filling
- 1cup brown sugar
- 1cup raisins
- 2tblsp butter melted
- Dash salt
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1tsp lemon juice
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Beat together the egg,sugar,salt,vanilla and lemon juice. Beat with an electric mixer until the mix is full of bubbles
Fold in the raisins and the melted butter
Fill pastry shells and bake at 350degrees for 20 to 30 minutes until set
You'll also love
- VEGAN NUTMEG PANCAKES WITH VEGGIE... 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Chicken Salad with celery and... 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Carol's Cheesecake 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Avocado Chocolate Mousse 2.8/5 (22 Votes)
- Old Timey Scotch Eggs 2.8/5 (9 Votes)
- So Seedy 2.8/5 (5 Votes)
- The Tastiest Easy Chicken Bake 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Simple Sesame Seed Chicken 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!