Butter Tart Filling
this is the tastiest filling, thicker rather than syrupy
- 1.5 c brown sugar
- .5 c melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- .5 c coconut
- 1 c walnuts
- finely chopped
- 1 c raisins or currants
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Melt butter and add brown sugar and eggs. Mix.
Add remaining ingredients and combine.
Fill unbaked tart shells about three quarters full, as the filling puffs up before settling.
Bake 10-20 mins depending on your oven.
use with pastry dough recipe
You'll also love
- Chocolate Dreams 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- cheese cake mousse 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Onion Tart 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Rhubarb Pie 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Banana bread cookies 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Spinach, Red Pepper and Feta Quiche 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Tuna And Macaroni Casserole 3.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Gum's Whipped Shortbread 4/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!