Puff Pastry Apple or Pear Tart
This dessert is too easy, making it very tempting and therefore dangerous.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2-3 apples or ripe pears
- sliced into thin slices
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Grand Marnier
- or other flavored liquor
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
Thaw puff pastry until able to roll out to the size of a 13x9” baking dish
In a sauté pan create a caramel by cooking sugar and butter over medium heat until golden to dark brown, stirring occasionally to avoid burning
Add sliced apples or pears and salt stir to coat
Remove from heat and add vanilla or liquor, quickly stir and add to 13x9” baking dish
Lay puff pastry on top of fruit caramel mixture, make sure it is completely covered, tucking edges into sides of dish
Bake until puff pastry golden brown about 25 minutes
Remove from oven and promptly flip baking dish upside down onto serving dish so that puff pastry is on the bottom and fruit on top
Serve alone, with whipped cream, or ice cream
You'll also love
- Basic Peanut Butter Easter Egg... 4.2/5 (72 Votes)
- Smores Bark 4.2/5 (77 Votes)
- Butter Tarts 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Apple Knobby Cake (Mrs. Cheney's... 3.1/5 (148 Votes)
- Cherry Tomato and Artichoke Tart 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Pork Fillet with mustard and Ham 4.8/5 (74 Votes)
- Strawberries and White Chocolate... 4.8/5 (70 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Filo Pastry Parcels with Scallops... 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.