Kronk's Spinach Puffs
Yummmm way to eat spinach ! Emperor's New Groove based!
- 1 (17.3 ounce) package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- thawed and well drained
- 1 medium onion
- finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 55mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Thaw pastry sheets at room temperature 40 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Mix 1 egg and water and set aside
Mix remaining eggs, cheese, spinach, onion and parsley
Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface.
Roll each pastry sheet into 12-inch square and cut each into 16 (3-inch) squares
Place 1 tablespoon spinach mixture in center of each square
Brush edges with egg mixture. Fold squares over filling to form triangles
Crimp edges to seal.
Place on baking sheet. Brush with egg mixture
Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Make sure to let cool! Let's impress the Emperor!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!