Potato & Tomato Soup
Nice Fall or Winter soup that the family will enjoy
- 4 Slices of Bacon
- 2 Onions
- 2 clove garlic
- 4 Peeled Potato’s peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil (or
- 1/2 tsp/5 ml dried)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups Water
- ½ tsp Oregano
- 2 bay leaf
- ½ Cup Grated Mozzarella
- 2tsp Worcestershire Sauce
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Cook bacon in Large Heavy saucepan over medium heat about 3 minutes or until crisp. Add onions and garlic and cook 5 minutes longer. Stir in potatoes. Add Water, tomatoes, sugar, Worcestershire Sauce, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and bay leaves.
Simmer covered 25 minutes. Remove bay Leaves.
Sprinkle cheese on each serving.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ subs 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Mammys Green Onion Dip 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- BLT Dip 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Amazing Homemade Waffles 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn A recipe for the Italian soup you... 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Cucumber Tomato Salad 4/5 (12 Votes)
- Penne with Tomato Cream Sauce 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!