Rate this recipe 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- 1/2 green cabbage
- 3 leeks
- 2 carrots
- 6 tomatoes
- 3 onions
- 1 turnip
- 3 peppers
- 1 stalk of celery
- 3 cloves of garlic, salt, pepper, bouquet garni
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut all ingredients into pieces.
In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients, cover with water.
Pepper and cook covered for 45 minutes.
Remove from heat and blend the soup.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve hot or cold.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn A recipe for the Italian soup you... 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Phyllis Diller Potato Salad 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- MACARONI, BEEF AND TOMATO 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Vegetable Bayaldi 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Tortilla Soup 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Leek & Potato Soup 3.8/5 (51 Votes)
- Classic Potato Leek Soup 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Greek-Style Vegetables 4/5 (39 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Tasty Beef Tomato Pockets
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Review this recipe