- 4 cups broth
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 3 carrots
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 cup cabbage
- 1 large onion
- 1 large potato
- 1 tbsp Mrs. Dash Original
- Salt & pepper to your taste
- Frozen peas
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Into a large pot add the stock. For my soup I saved the water I used when I had cooked a large cabbage the day before. I also added some leftover chicken stock or beef stock if I have it on hand. If you prefer you can use canned stock.
Add the can of tomatoes.
Prepare the vegetables:
Peel & dice the onion
Wash the celery & slice thinly
Wash the carrots (peel if desired) and slice thinly
Scrub the potato (peel if desired) and cut into bite-sized pieces.
Add all the ingredients to the pot including the spices.
Cook over high heat until boiling and then simmer until the vegetables are cooked. Add the peas last as they won't take long to heat through.
I like to make a batch of soup and freeze some. If you decide to freeze it, don't add the frozen peas until you are ready to eat the soup.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Chicken 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Rigatoni with Chicken and... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Clam Chowder 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Rava Kichidi Chennai Style 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Crouqembouche with Lemon & Orange... 4.2/5 (34 Votes)
- Chilli parotta chennai style 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Shrimp stir fry 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Coconut Red Bean Soup 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Tomatoes are delicious and a great part of a healthy diet. With our video we teach you the easiest way to quickly de-seed and dice a tomato, so that it's ready in no time!