Coconut Red Bean Soup
This soup is a mixture of Thai and Cajun flavors.
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 lg can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tsp, thyme
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp creole hot sauce
- 2 cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vegetable bullion
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 160mins
Cost Average budget
Saute onions and garlic until caramelized.
Combine all ingredients in a crockpot and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours.
Blend half of the soup. Serve with rice.
You'll also love
- Fresh Red Bean and Beef Chili 4.2/5 (8 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Thai Green Curry 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- KADI 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Щавелевый Борщ... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Coconut Protein Brownies 4.2/5 (35 Votes)
- Winning 3-Alarm Bean Chili 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Jerusalem Artichoke Soup with Mint... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Coconuts make us dream of the summer, the sun and the sea. With our video we show you the easiest way to crack open a coconut, and before you know it you'll be whisked away to white sand beaches!