Fast and Easy Thai Drunken Noodles (Pad Kee Mao)
This Thai recipe is enough to spice up any dinner menu. It’s healthy, flavorful, and delicious. The best part? It takes less than 20 minutes to make.
- 8 ounces dry rice stick noodles
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 raw shrimp, shelled
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 Thai chili
- 2 tbsps fish sauce
- 2 tbsps sweet dark soy sauce
- 1 ½ tsp lime zest, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves
- Cooking rice noodles according to the package’s instructions.
- Bring a frying pan to medium heat, adding the canola oil and garlic cloves.
- Heat until golden Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add egg. Stir for a couple of minutes.
- Once the egg begins to set, add chili, fish sauce, soy sauce, lime zest, and tomato. Stir until tomato is cooked.
- Add rice noodles to pan and toss thoroughly.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve hot.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!