Mulan based. Yummy side, let's use chopsticks!
- 2 cups medium-grained white rice (Calrose)
- 2 1/2 cups cold water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons white sesame seeds
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Measure the rice and place it in a fine-holed colander or strainer. Rinse the rice under cold running water until the water runs clear.
Drain well, and transfer to a heavy saucepan. Add 2 1/2 cups fresh cold water. Cover and soak for 30 minutes before turning on heat.
Bring rice to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook until water is absorbed and rice is just tender, about 15 minutes.
While rice cooks, combine the vinegar, sugar and salt in a small saucepan. Heat until sugar dissolved. Allow to cool.
Remove the rice from heat and let stand, covered, for 15 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with vinegar mixture and sesame seeds while still warm.
Cover rice with a clean, damp towl and cool completely at room temperature. The rice should be used within several hours to maintain moisture and tenderness.
Salt/Pepper to taste
You'll also love
- Curry Potato & Pea Stew 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Roasted Red Potatoes 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Wild Rice Salad 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Crab Rangoon 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- ASIAN STEW 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Lo mien 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Rice Crispy Treats 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- pineapple and lemon passionfruit... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe