Curry Potato & Pea Stew
I love this savory hearty stew in the winter. This recipe is totally vegan.
- 3 pounds washed
- cut potatoes peeled and cut in 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- peeled and cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 drained can of sweet peas
- 1 large chopped red onion
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon of ground yellow curry powder
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
In a large stockpot, sauté the onions, garlic, thyme, and curry powder in the olive oil until the onions are soft. Add the potatoes, salt, and pepper and cover with water or veggie stock.
Cook on low until the potatoes are tender. Add the peas and cook until the sauce makes a slight gravy.
You'll also love
- Roasted Red Potatoes 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- potato croquettes 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Creamed Spinach n 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Mini pizzas with summer vegetables 3.7/5 (82 Votes)
- Classic Turkey Pot Pie 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
- Stir Fried Pork and Shrimp in Red... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- ASIAN STEW 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Eggplant stew 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!