One Pan Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
I make this roasted chicken a lot. It's seasoned with herbs and garlic, stuffed with veggies, and is cooked alongside potatoes that get roasted in the chicken juices. So good. You get yummy roasted chicken, delectable veggies that have been naturally basted inside the chicken and some of the best ever roasted potatoes!
Explore more recipes from Simply Spectacular Foodies
- 1 whole roaster or over stuffer chicken (giblets removed)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Fresh thyme
- Garlic powder
- 1 small sliced red onion
- 1 large carrot peeled and chopped
- 5 large potatoes washed and cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 celery stalk cut into small chunks
- 1 handful fresh trimmed string beans
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 90mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a roasting pan add the whole chicken breast side up. Rub it with some olive oil and some of the white vinegar. Season well with a dash of salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and thyme. In a separate bowl, mix the onion, carrot, celery, string beans, and cherry tomatoes with a small dash of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stuff the cavity of the chicken with the veggies and leave the excess below the cavity between the drumsticks for presentation.
Toss the cut potatoes in a generous amount of olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme.
Add the potatoes to the pan with the chicken and position around the meat.
Cover and bake at 375 for 45 minutes covered by tinfoil, then remove the foil and cook uncovered the rest of the way until golden brown and the potatoes are tender.
You'll also love
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.8/5 (427 Votes)
- Savories - Tikka Samosas 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Potato and Leek Soup 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Tortilla Pie 4.1/5 (122 Votes)
- cheesy potatoes 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Simply Beef Enchiladas 4.2/5 (40 Votes)
- Chicken with Garlic and Olives 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Roasted Pork Loin with Fig-Port... 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.