Chicken Breast in Wine
- 15 whole chicken breasts. boned and skinned
- 1 3/4 cups butter
- 1/2 cup cognac
- 2 1/2 small fresh mushrooms
- 5 lbs small white onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 1/3 cups sauterne
- 3 cans (12 1/2 size) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cut chicken breasts in half
In two large skillets, divide 1 1/4 cups butter; heat. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time until golden - about 5 minutes on each side. Remove; set aside until all chicken is browned. Return to skillets
Warm cognac in small saucepan. Divide over chicken; ignite
Heat remaining butter in 2 5-quart dutch ovens. Saute mushrooms and onions about 10 minutes, stirring several times. Add chicken, salt, pepper, bay leaves, thyme, 2 cups sauterne, and chicken broth.
Cover, and simmer over low heat 20 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender.
In small bowl, make a smooth paste of cornstarch and remaining sauterne. Gradually add to chicken; simmer, stirring for 5 minutes
Stir in heavy cream; simmer, covered, 10 minutes
Remove bay leaves. Serve in chafing dish or over candle warmer. Serve with white rice
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Angel hair pasta with shrimp,... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Bagel Pizza 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Asian Chicken Salad 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- One Pan Roasted Chicken and... 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Snail Soup 4.2/5 (37 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Chili 4.2/5 (63 Votes)
- Southern Fried Chicken with Corn... 4.1/5 (40 Votes)
- Bacon Chicken 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.