Making chicken with wine - 5 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: recipes with wine
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Chicken with wine recipes
Chicken Breast in Wine
Cut chicken breasts in half
- 15 whole chicken breasts. boned and skinned
- 1 3/4 cups butter
- 1/2 cup cognac
- 2 1/2 small fresh mushrooms
- 5 lbs small white onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 1/3 cups sauterne
- 3 cans (12 1/2 size) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
5 Things You Should Never Do With Wine
With the holiday season social calendar filling up, it's important to look after your guests! Ensure you aren't making these top mistakes...
Quick Low-Fat Chicken in Garlic-Wine Sauce
Heat oil in skillet; add garlic and then chicken, sauteeing 3 minutes per side
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 c dry white wine.
How to Open Wine Bottles Without a Corkscrew
Save the night with this bottle opening secret. Click to find out how!
New Orleans Chicken & Wine
creamy white wine sause with lightly battered chicken over a bed of noodles
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken boulion
- 1/4 poultry seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic
Black-bone Chicken Soup with Glutinous Rice Wine
A traditional Hakka cuisine, the taste is juicy and tender, mellow and delicious
- 1)1 black-bone chicken
- 2)300g glutinous rice wine
- 3)50g ginseng
- 4)15g barbary wolfberry
How To Keep An Open Bottle Of Wine
Leave it on the counter or in the refrigerator? We put your questions to rest.
Chicken in Red Wine with Raisins
By ANNA PRINCEVA
This is a medieval recipe, originally intended for rabbit, but equally good with chicken
- Serves: 4
- 300 ml Red wine (1/2 pint)
- 3 Tablespoon Red wine vinegar
- 100 Gram Seedless raisins (4 oz)
- 150 Gram No-soak dried apricots
- halved (6 oz)
- 1 Teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1 Ginger root (1cm) peeled
- 4 Cloves
- 4 Juniper berries
- lightly crushed
- 4 x 150 Gram Chicken breast fillets
- skin on (6 oz)
- 2 Tablespoon Plain flour
- 15 Gram Butter (1/2 oz)
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 300 ml Chicken stock (1/2 pint)
- Orange segments to garnish