Grampa Gil's Roast Goose
Grampa Gil's Roast Goose. Discover our recipe.
- wild or tame goose
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 small onions halved
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 cup red wine
- seasoning salt
- black pepper
- ground sage
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 360mins
Cost Average budget
Soak goose in salt water for 1-2 hours. Sprinkle seasoning salt & pepper inside and outside of goose cavity. Stuff cavity with celery, onion & parsley. Crush 4 cloves of garlic and spread it on the breast. Dust heavily with sage. Pour wine into the cavity.
Add 1/2 an inch of water to roast in pan. Cook at 400 F for 1 hour, then at 325 F for 5 hours. Cook covered.
This is easy to make. It does take a lot of time because it has to be cooked slowly for several hours in order for it to be tender. This should fall off the bones.
You'll also love
- Mushroom, Red Wine Demi Glaze 4.5/5 (205 Votes)
- Turkey Stuffing 4.9/5 (55 Votes)
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with... 5/5 (21 Votes)
- Pot Roast Dinner 4.8/5 (18 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Chili 4.2/5 (59 Votes)
- Snail Soup 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Traditional Sage Stuffing 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Vegetable Puree 3.1/5 (136 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.