Roasted Leg Of Lamb
A traditional holiday roasted leg of lamb recipe.
- 8.5lb leg of lamb
- lots of garlic
- 1 Tbsp rosemary
- 5 tsps oregano
- 4 tsps thyme
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup red wine
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 215mins
Set oven to 350*. Place lamb inside a roasting pan, lined with baking paper or olive oil sprayed.
Slice slits throughout your meat on both sides and stuff with garlic. Now mix rosemary, oregano, thyme, wine and olive oil in a small bowl. Pepper the meat then rub your spice mix all over meat.
Cover roast and place in fridge for 6 hours.
Set oven to 350*. Remove and place roast uncovered in oven, roast for 3 hours.
When you have roasted leg of lamb for 3 hours, remove from oven and slice up gently in rows, roast another 35 minutes.
Add any vegetables you want to the last hour of roasting.
You'll also love
- Lovers Balsamic Glazed Rack of... 4.4/5 (46 Votes)
- Easy Jalapeno Chicken Enchiladas 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Savories- Mums Favorite Pie 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Garlic and Parsley Mussels 4.2/5 (68 Votes)
- Tomato Vegetable Soup 4/5 (19 Votes)
- angel salad 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Mom's Best Holiday Dressing 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Roast Beef 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.