- 3 lb beef roast
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pkg. onion soup mix
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 cup of water
- 1 - 2 tbsp of Bisto gravy mix
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 180mins
Cost Average budget
Marinate meat overnight
Preheat the oven to 500F
Place the roast on a rack in roasting pan. Pour the marinade and 1 cup of water in the bottom of the pan.
Reduce the oven temperature to 475 F Roast for 20 minutes then turn off the oven and let the roast sit in the hot oven for 2 1/2 hours. Do NOT open the door at all during this time!
Remove the roast from the oven. Allow to rest about 20 mins before carving.
Meanwhile, make the gravy. Add enough water to the pan drippings to make a cup of liquid. Mix 1 - 2 tbsp of Bisto gravy mix with a tbsp of cold water. Add to juices to the Bisto in a small saucepan and mix thoroughly before gently heating to a boil.
Meat will be medium rare.
Works well with all cuts of beef both tender cuts and less tender cuts such as rump or round roasts
You'll also love
- Open Faced Chicken Cordon Bleu... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Marvin's Fantastic Chili 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Stuffed Cabbage 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Baked Asparagus 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Healthy Tuna Melt open-faced... 4.3/5 (121 Votes)
- Fresh Apple Cheese Bake 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Asian Herb Ahi Tuna 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- after dinner mints 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.