The taste of this roast is well worth the two days of marinating.
- 2.5-3 pound rump roast
- 1 quart beef broth or stock
- 3 ribs of celery diced
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms sliced
- 3 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 2900mins
Cooking time 270mins
Cost Average budget
Place roast in the bottom of a zip top bag. Add the remaining ingredients in order listed. Close bag and refrigerate, preferably for two days. Turn roast over at least twice throughout the marinating process.
Preheat oven to 350° F.
In a 3 quart baking dish, place roast and the marinade. Bake for 2½ hours or until tender.
You'll also love
- Lion's Mane Mushroom Alfredo Sauce 3.3/5 (67 Votes)
- Tacos (beef or chicken) 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Cake Provençal 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Spinach, Red Pepper and Feta Quiche 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Roast Chicken; Low and Slow 3.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Steak and Cheese Pie 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Asian Herb Ahi Tuna 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken and Vegetable... 4.2/5 (52 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.