Mexican Pumpkin Pasole
This is a hearty mexican stew.
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stick diced
- 1 banana pepper
- 2 pkg vegan chicken slices
- 1 cup corn
- 1 can white kidney beans
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups mango vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp oregano
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Char the banana pepper in the oven. Let cool, remove skin, and clean.
Caramelize onion. Add remaining vegetables, cook 7 min. Fry vegan chicken strips in coconut oil until browned.
Add all ingredients to a large pot or crockpot. Simmer over medium high heat for 30 minutes or longer until flavors combine.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.8/5 (464 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.8/5 (355 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (209 Votes)
- Classic French Ratatouille with... 4.1/5 (240 Votes)
- MEXICAN PIZZA 3.2/5 (240 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread 4.7/5 (72 Votes)
- Rabbit stew 4.7/5 (89 Votes)
- Tortilla Pie 4.2/5 (97 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!