- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 pkg soft tortilla shells (small size)
- 1 onion
- 1 pkg Tex-Mex grated cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 55mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a frying pan, cook onion in butter until tender. Add stewed tomatoes & heat, dividing tomatoes with wooden spoon. Add kidney beans and one half jat of salsa to mix, heating thoroughly.
In a 10-inch casserole dish, stack:
sprinkle of cheese
rest of cheese
Bake covered in 350F oven for 40m. Uncover last 5 minutes to broil cheese. Let stand 5-10 m before serving. Enjoy with sour cream on the side.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!