Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
Instant Pot Minestrone soup is perfect for weeknight dinners. Hearty, comforting and served with a drizzle of olive oil, parmesan cheese and toast this Italian soup is definitely a Dinner Winner!
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion
- 4 Carrots
- 4 Celery Stalks
- 1 Medium Onion
- ½ Head Savoy Cabbage
- 1½ cup Cooked Cannellini Beans
- 1 can Tinned Tomatoes (14oz/400ml)
- 1 can Pureed Tomatoes (14oz/400ml)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp Salt
- A Pinch of Black Pepper
- 4 cups Vegetable / Chicken Stock
- Parmesan Cheese
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Press “SAUTE” function on your Instant Pot. Add olive oil. Throw in diced onion, diced carrots and celery. Saute for 5 minutes before adding shredded/sliced cabbage. Saute again until the cabbage has reduced its volume. Turn off the saute function by pressing the “CANCEL/KEEP WARM” button.
Add the rest of the ingredients: cannellini beans, pureed tomatoes, canned tomatoes, salt, pepper, vegetable stock, bay leaves and fresh basil.
Close and lock the lid. Turn the steam release to “SEALING”. Press “MANUAL” and adjust the timer to 4 minutes.
When the cooking cycle is finished, wait 10 minutes before releasing the pressure manually.
Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and grated parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!