- 8 oz. sliced crimini or baby bella mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. onions, finely chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp. unbleached wheat flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg powder
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Put 2 tbsp. of butter in a wok and sauté garlic and onions for 2-3 minutes on low to medium heat until onions become translucent
Add the sliced mushrooms, 2 tbsp. flour and mix well.
Add 2 cups of vegetable broth and stir well for five minutes.
Add 1 cup milk and remaining 1 tbsp. of flour. Continue stirring gently throughout for another 10-15 minutes on low to medium heat.
Lastly, season with salt and pepper and finish topping off with ground nutmeg powder.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!