- 8 oz. sliced crimini or baby bella mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. onions
- finely chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp. unbleached wheat flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg powder
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Put 2 tbsp. of butter in a wok and sauté garlic and onions for 2-3 minutes on low to medium heat until onions become translucent
Add the sliced mushrooms, 2 tbsp. flour and mix well.
Add 2 cups of vegetable broth and stir well for five minutes.
Add 1 cup milk and remaining 1 tbsp. of flour. Continue stirring gently throughout for another 10-15 minutes on low to medium heat.
Lastly, season with salt and pepper and finish topping off with ground nutmeg powder.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Pepper in Tomato Sauce 4.3/5 (46 Votes)
- Easy Beefy Cheese Ball in 15... 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Cream of Cauliflower with foie gras 3.3/5 (153 Votes)
- Chicken Cordon Bleu 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Seafood chutney 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Crispy spring rolls 4.3/5 (49 Votes)
- Snail Soup 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Chicken and Broccoli in Crescent... 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!