Kale & Mushroom Saute
- 2 cups shiitake or crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 4-6 stalks kale, stemmed & chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp. unsalted butter [1 tbsp. EVOO as alternative]
- salt & pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter and add the garlic on low-medium heat setting.
After approximately one minute, add the chopped mushrooms.
Let it cook for 5-6 minutes on low-medium heat.
Add the chopped kale and season with salt and pepper.
Mix and cover with a lid and let it steam for about 2 minutes until kale turns bright green in color.
Remove the lid and give the mixture a good stir. Serve and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Baked Squash 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- mushroom and nettle tart 4.8/5 (73 Votes)
- TACO TARTS 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Mushroom, Red Wine Demi Glaze 4.3/5 (266 Votes)
- Hungarian Zucchini Squash with... 4.4/5 (205 Votes)
- Mushroom Swiss Cubed Steak 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Baked Kale Chips 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Plum Berry Cobbler 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!