Chicken and Mushroom Risotto
A lot of people have never attempted a risotto at home as people are often under the impression that they are really difficult and hard to get right. If you fall into this group then I suggest you give this recipe a try, I bet it will change your mind! It's nice and easy and bursting with flavour.
- Olive Oil
- 2 Cups sliced mushrooms
- 300 g Chicken breast, diced
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 4 Cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 1/2 Cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 Cup white wine
- 5 Cups chicken stock, warm
- 1/2 Cup finely grated parmesan, plus extra for sprinkling
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Heat a small amount of oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
Add the chicken and mushrooms and fry until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Return the pan to the heat and add the onion and garlic. Cook for about 2-3 minutes. Add the rice and stir for about 2 minutes, until the rice goes clear.
Add the wine, stir often until the wine has been absorbed into the rice.
Add half a cup of warm chicken stock, allow the stock to be absorbed, stirring often. Once the stock has been absorbed, add another half cup of stock. Repeat this process until there is only 1/2 cup of stock left (Will take about 25 minutes.)
Before adding the final half cup of stock, return the chicken and mushrooms to the pan. Add the final stock and stir until absorbed.
Stir through the cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.