Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 slices of deli ham
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 450°F. Butterfly chicken breasts, stuff with cheese and ham.
Roll up burrito style, ensuring that chicken covers all ham and cheese. Cover tightly in plastic wrap and place in fridge for at least 30 minutes to set.
Take out of the fridge, remove the plastic wrap and dredge in flour. Dip chicken into beaten egg, then roll in bread crumbs. Reroll in plastic wrap and put back in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Remove the plastic wrap. Pan fry in oil until both sides are golden brown. Place in oven for 10 minutes.
You may use toothpicks to secure the chicken breasts so they don't fall apart.
You'll also love
- Baked Pork Chops 4.8/5 (77 Votes)
- Philadelphia Cheese Ball with... 4.8/5 (80 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn House Special; Beignets 4.4/5 (145 Votes)
- Baked Spaghetti 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Nana's Mac & Cheese 4.4/5 (74 Votes)
- Chicken and Stuffing Casserole 4.8/5 (54 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Rice Soup 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Tomato Tart 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.