Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 4 thin slices of ham
- 2 triangles of gruyere cheese
- 4 tbsp of butter
- 1/2 cup of fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/8 tsp of paprika
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Half chicken breasts, remove skin and de-bone chicken.
Pull open in middle to make pocket.
Fold ham around cheese and pick into pocket.
Mix bread crumbs, salt, and paprika on second plate.
Roll stuffed chicken breasts in butter and then in crumbs.
Place in buttered baking dish. Make sure breasts aren't touching.
Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until chicken is golden brown.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.