The Ultimate Chicken Pie
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sifted flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1 cup cooked lima beans
- 1 cup cooked carrots
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 450°.
Melt butter in sauce pan over moderate heat.
Blend flour, salt, pepper, and dried onion into butter.
Gradually stir in chicken broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until smoothly thickened.
Cook mushrooms in butter.
Add cooked mushrooms to sauce with chicken, lima beans, and carrots.
Combine evenly and turn into a 3 qt. casserole dish.
Cover with pastry and slash pastry to allow steam to escape.
Bake in oven for about 20 minutes or until pastry is golden and chicken mixture is bubbly.
You'll also love
- Jiffy Chicken Pot Pie 3.9/5 (101 Votes)
- Savories- Mums Favorite Pie 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Classic Easy Chicken Pot Pie 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Classic Chicken Pot Pie 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Ultimate Chicken Fingers (courtesy... 1.6/5 (68 Votes)
- Polish Sausage Subs with the Fixins 2.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Crunchy Chicken Salad 2.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Mom Mom Bird's Pot Pie 2.4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.