Polish Sausage Subs with the Fixins
By maryjo young
Baked polish sausage with sauteed onions and peppers topped with melted motzz. Cheese and sour krout.
- 1pkg.fresh polish sausage, 2 med. Cooking onions, 2 green peppers, 1 can of sourkrout, motzz. Cheese and sub rolls of choice.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Average budget
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Place sausage links into oven safe cooking pan. Poke holes into sausage with a fork then cook in oven for 30 min.cook thoroughly. Slice open long ways to check if done.
While sausage is cooking slice onions and peppers. Add a small scoop of butter, margarine or a dab of oil to a frying pan and sautee onions and peppers.place into tupperware bowl when finished.
Heat sourkrout either on stove top or microwave.
Remove cooked sausage and slice long ways in half.
Lay open sub rolls on to cookie sheet. Place 1 cut sausage link per roll. Add sauteed onions and peppers then top with sour krout and motzz cheese and bake untill cheese is melted.
Remove sandwiches from oven cut in half and serve.
No need to bake the sandwiches a microwave will work just fine.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!