Savories- Mums Favorite Pie
- Pastry Dough
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg white
- 3 tbsp shortening
- Cold water
- Cooked chicken- cubed
- Veggies (your choice)
- Sauce (your choice)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix all the ingredients and using water, add just enough to bind the dough
Roll into discs.
Fill pies as desire.
- on a disc put filling, cheese and sauce and cover with another disc pinch sides closed
- be adventurous and try other shapes (like a wheel, wreath ect)
Brush with egg wash, sprinkle with parsley
Bake at 325• until golden
Serve with your choice of sauces.
You'll also love
- Sausage Casserole 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Chick Fil-A Clone by Rachel Wieden 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Mother's Cream Puff's 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Chicken salad 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Favorite Caramel Apple Pie Cobbler 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- SAUSAGE ROLLS 4/5 (40 Votes)
- PUMPKIN PIE OATMEAL 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Basic Egg Noodle Pasta 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!