Snow White based. This pie is to
Die for, delicious in apple goodness
- 10cups of peeled and cored slice cooking apples
- 1cup of sugar
- 3-4tblsp of all purpose flower
- 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4tsp of All spice
- A dash of nutmeg
- 1tblsp of butter
- 2 1/4cups of all purpose flower
- 1tsp is salt
- 2/3cups of shortening
- 7-8 tblsp of water
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
In a small bowl, add the sugar, 3-4tblsp of flower, cinnamon, all spice and nutmeg. Mix well
In a large bowl, place the 10cups of Apple slices and pour in the small mixture(step 1). Gently mix.
Microwave for 3-4 minutes. Mix gently. Then microwave again for 3-4 minutes. Mix gently, then set aside.
In a large bowl, add flower and salt, mix well. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender, until pieces are the size of small peas.
Sprinkle in 1tblsp of water at a time. Gently tossing with a fork, until moisten enough to stick into a large ball.
On a flowered surface, roll out half of the dough into a circle. Place in a pie plate, dough must hang over the edges of the plate. Pour in apple mixture. Top the surface with butter.
Roll out second half of the crust the same way. Place over apples.
Trim edges of crust evenly, leaving enough dough flute.
Flute pieces together squeezing bottom and top crust to ether, fold over and pinch with index finger and thumb to form a pinch like edge.
Cover the edge of the pie with foil for the first half of cooking. Bake at 375, for 35 minutes with the foil. Remove foil and continue baking for 20-25 minutes. Pie should be golden brown and the filling bubbling. Let pie cool down for an hour.
Served best with ice cream. Don't use poisonous apples
You'll also love
- Basic fancy biscuits 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Mom's Best Holiday Dressing 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Foraged Henbit Pancakes 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Rice Krispie Squares 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Favorite Caramel Apple Pie Cobbler 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- PUMPKIN PIE OATMEAL 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Pasta with India spices 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Curry leaves vatha kulambhu 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.