Rice Krispie Squares
- 1/4 cup of margarine
- 40 large marshmallows
- 5 cups of Rice Krispies
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
lightly grease an 8 and 1/2 x 14 inch pan and set aside
melt the margarine in a pot on the stove
when it is melted add the marshmallows and stir until melted
add the Rice Krispies and stir until coated
press the Rice Krispie mixture into the coated pan
if it becomes too difficult to press,wet hands and than press(the mixture does not stick to hands)
let mixture cool
slice and enjoy!
You'll also love
- French Chocolate Cobblestones 4.2/5 (34 Votes)
- Rocky Road 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Grandma's Butter Cookies 4/5 (24 Votes)
- Fresh Red Bean and Beef Chili 4.2/5 (8 Votes)
- Whipped Sweet Potatoes 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Date Squares 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- butter tart squares 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Rice Krispie Balls 3.6/5 (85 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.