Do you know the official food of your state?
States can declare all sorts of categories for their official food, from historic vegetables to meat pies. Think you know your state's food? Find out here!
Official State Foods
The United States is full of rich culinary variety, demonstrated by the variety of foods each state has chosen to declare officially as theirs. There are so many categories, the more specific ones being state muffins, state meat pies, and state mushrooms.
Did we miss one? Let us know in the comments!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!