Rhubarb Cheesecake Pie
this is a big hit!
- .25 c corn starch
- 1 c sugar
- .25 tsp salt
- .5 c water
- 3 c rhubarb
- 1 pkg cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- .5 c sugar
- 1 deep dish pie shell
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Pre bake the pie shell. In a saucepan cook the cornstarch,sugar,salt,water and rhubarb til thickened. Pour into the pieshell and bake at 425 degrees for 10 mins.
Turn oven down to 325 degrees.Beat together the cream cheese,eggs, and sugar til smooth, and pour over the rhubarb mixture.
Bake 30-35 mins. Cool completely before serving.
I use the rhubarb I chop and freeze, in premeasured 3 c baggies. No need to thaw or anything before using.
You'll also love
- Banana split 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Cookies and Creme Rice Krispy 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Betty's Cranberry Bread 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Grandma's Banana Bread 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Cheesecake 4.2/5 (44 Votes)
- Raspberry Ricotta Cheesecake 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Nana's Rhubarb Crisp 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- American Sweet Potato Pie 4.1/5 (34 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!