- 1 1/3 cups cake four
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 whole milk
- 3 large egg white, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven 350F
Whisk flour, baking powder and salt and cocoa powder in medium bowl.
Whisk milk, egg,sour cream and vanilla in another bowl until sour cream completely incorporated
beat butter and sugar in large bowl until very light and fluffy about 8 minutes, add flour mixture in 2 additions alternately beating on low speed until blended between additions
divide butter equally among paper line about 1/3 pan
bake 20 minute
You'll also love
- Rhubarb Cheesecake Pie 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Banana split 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Yummy Breakfast Banana Bread 4.6/5 (3 Votes)
- Christmas Tree Cake 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Brownie Recipe 4.2/5 (30 Votes)
- Chocolate sponge cake with gnash 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Curd "peat" cake 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Boiled Icing 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!