Strawberry Layer Cake with Cream
Impress your friends and guests with this gorgeous dessert!
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/3 sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp flour
- 3 1/3 rose syrup
- 2/3 cup of whipping cream
- 1 roll of puff pastry butter
- scant 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 8 oz strawberries
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Cream with Rose Syrup:
In a pan, put the milk to boil. Meanwhile, blanch the eggs with the sugar then add the flour. Add half the hot milk and stir vigorously. Put the mixture into the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly over medium heat until it has reached a boil.
Pour the cream into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap directly on the cream so it does not dry. Keep cool at least 1 hour. Take the whipped cream. Smooth the cream cooled to relax, then gently fold the whipped cream and rose syrup. Fill a pastry bag with light cream mixture and reserve.
For Pastry: Preheat oven to 400 ° F. Roll out puff pastry, roll it on itself tightly to get a roll. Cut slices about 8mm thick. We must have 3 layers per person
Spread each slice of dough with icing sugar. Remove excess icing sugar and place the dough slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. To prevent the dough from puffing up too much, cover with foil and bake for ten minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
Strawberries: Wash and hull the strawberries and cut them in two.
Assembly: Start with a sheet of dough, put on some strawberries and spoon over cream. Repeat and finish with a sheet of dough. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
You'll also love
- Cheesecake 4.2/5 (44 Votes)
- Raspberry Ricotta Cheesecake 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Chocolate sponge cake with gnash 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Grilled Pineapple Snackers 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Strawberries and White Chocolate... 4.8/5 (70 Votes)
- Onion tart 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Shredded Carrots with Dried Fruit 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Red Fruit Crumble 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!