Strawberries and White Chocolate Cream Pastry
By Dominique - Blog "Cahier gourmand"
- - Home made or store bought puff pastry
- - 14 oz strawberries
- - generous 2 cups whole milk
- - 1 vanilla pod
- - 1/2 c (heaping) flour
- - 2 egg yolks + 1 whole egg
- - 1/4 c + 4 tbsp sugar
- - 2/3 cup cream
- - 1/2 cup white chocolate
- - 3-4 oz strawberries
- - 3 tbsp. tablespoons water
- - 2 tablespoons sugar
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 400°F
Start by cooking the flaky crust. Roll out the pastry dough quite thinly then cut rectangles of desired size. Lay on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush with beaten egg with a pinch of salt. Put in the oven for about 15 minutes.
Prepare the white chocolate cream: In a bowl, combine eggs and sugar until light and pale then add the sifted flour. Boil the milk with the vanilla pod and pour over. Return to heat and cook until boiling. Remove from heat. Melt white chocolate in a bain marie (water bath) and then incorporate it into the mixture. Cool. Beat cream in very cold bowl and whip with 4tbsp sugar. Embed this whipped cream with the cooled mixture.
Prepare the coulis: Mix strawberries with a few tablespoons of cold water and 2 Tbsp. sugar. Put in a saucepan and reduce until a syrupy preparation.
Assemble: add a layer of cream onto your pastry and top with strawberries.
You'll also love
- Strawberry goo 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- heaven cake 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Kronk's Spinach Puffs (inspired by... 3.9/5 (69 Votes)
- Pastry Covered Salmon and Scallops... 3.7/5 (113 Votes)
- Bottomless Strawberry Apple Pie 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Filo Pastry Parcels with Scallops... 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- MUSHROOM PASTRIES 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Magically Decadent Cookie Bars 5/5 (1 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.