Mother's Cream Puff's
- 1 C water
- 1/2 C butter
- 1 C sifted flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbs flour
- 2 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/4 c sugar
- 2 c warm milk
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
Level of difficulty Difficult
Cost Average budget
Heat water and butter til boils. Add flour and salt; beat thoroughly; stir and cook over low heat til forms a ball. Remove from heat. Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly. Drop by teaspoonful on greased sheet pan. Bake at 375.
Combine flour, sugar and corn starch in a pot. Gradually add milk stirring constantly cook over low heat til thick. Cover and set 15 minutes. Add butter, egg and salt gradually stir in. Then stir vigorously. Let cool. Add vanilla, stir.
Fill puffs with custard. Refrigerate.
Note* Vanilla pudding can be used in place of custard.
You'll also love
- Spinach pies 3.2/5 (186 Votes)
- Banana Pop 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Banana Sherbert 4/5 (12 Votes)
- 6 Ingredient Banana Bread 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Plain cookie on yogurt with jam. 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
- Puff pastry with asparagus 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Petit Profiteroles Citron 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcake 3.9/5 (32 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.