Pretzel Crusted White Chocolate Brownies with Salted Caramel Drizzle
Salty pretzel crust, rich, decadent white chocolate brownies, topped with salted caramel and more pretzel. This is a dream for those who are salty and sweet obsessed!
These delicious little treats will be the biggest hit of the party. Recipe here.
- 3 cups small pretzels
- plus 12 for topping
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup
- plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons water
- 11.5 ounce bag white chocolate chips
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fleur de Sel (finishing sea salt)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In your food processor, blend 3 cups pretzels and 3 tablespoons sugar until fine. Add 3/4 cup melted butter and pulse a few times until blended. Press pretzel crust into the bottom of a 9×13 glass baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside. Rinse and dry food processor bowl.
In a medium sauce pan, melt shortening, sugar and water over low heat. Blend until sugar dissolves. Add white chocolate chips and stir until blended and smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes and then return to clean food processor.
Lower oven heat to 350 degrees. Add egg whites and vanilla, pulse a few times to blend. Add flour, salt and baking soda. Pulse again until combined, only about 5- 10 pulses should get the job done.
Pour white chocolate brownie batter over pretzel crust, spreading to even. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test. Remove and allow to cool.
After brownies have cooled, drizzle with caramel, sprinkle generously with fleur de sel and top with a whole pretzel. Enjoy your Pretzel Crusted White Chocolate Brownies with Salted Caramel Drizzle!
You'll also love
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 3.9/5 (199 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Recipe for chocolate-covered... 4.4/5 (90 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Sex In A Pan 3.9/5 (127 Votes)
- Creme De'Mint Brownies 4.2/5 (73 Votes)
- White Chocolate Berry Bread Pudding 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Vegetable Fries with Pumpkin Dip 5/5 (47 Votes)
- Caramel Apple 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Side- Tartar sauce 5/5 (2 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Two of your favorite desserts come together...in the most DELICIOUS of ways!
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Add the chocolate and butter to an oven-safe mixing bowl and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove, and set the oven to preheat to 350°F. The mixture should now be a thin chocolate sauce.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg and stir until blended.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Blend the ingredients together.
- Using a sifter, add the dry ingredients into the chocolate batter, then mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour half of the mixture into a foil-lined baking tin.
- Smooth out the batter, then top with a layer of Oreo cookies.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top and smooth evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!