Rocky road is one of my favorites, and what makes it even better is that it's so super simple to make. Although rocky road is easy to make, it still took me a long time to find the perfect combination of ingredients, but once I put this lot together I knew I had it.
- 350 g quality milk or dark chocolate (whichever you prefer)
- 1/2 Cup chopped peanuts
- 2 Frys Turkish Delight bars (or Cadbury Turkish Delight)
- chopped into small pieces.
- 100 g mini marshmallows
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Line a slice pan with baking paper. Melt the chocolate. Set aside to cool.
When the chocolate is no longer hot, add the peanuts, Turkish Delight, and marshmallows. Stir well to combine.
Pour into the prepared slice pan and refrigerate until set.
Once set, cut into small pieces. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
You really need to be patient and let the chocolate cool, if you put the marshmallows in when the chocolate is still too hot then the marshmallows will just melt and you will end up with a sticky mess, it'll taste delicious but the chocolate probably won't set properly.
You'll also love
- Cinnamon Cookies 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Sea salt chocolate gourmandize 4/5 (25 Votes)
- My Favorite Peanut Butter Cookies 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Whipped Sweet Potatoes 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Crunch 3.9/5 (31 Votes)
- Easy German Chocolate Layer Cake 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- angel salad 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel... 4/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.