rocky road easy bars
- 2cups chocolate chipits
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 2tblsp shortening
- 3cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2cup coconut
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
In saucepan melt together the first 3 ingredients
Remove from heat and add marshmallows and coconut
Press into a parchment paper lined square baking dish and refrigerate until firm
Store in an air tight container in the fridge
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ The Best Chocolate Bark, That is... 4.3/5 (80 Votes)
- apple pie 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Jello Salad 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Christmas Balls 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Granola Bars 4/5 (19 Votes)
- Chocolate Cereal Bars 3.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Men's dreams 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Mum's Easy Peasy Cranberry Orange... 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.