No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Grease a 9x9 inch square pan.
Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Mix in the oats. Cook over low heat 2 to 3 minutes or until ingredients are well blended. Press half of mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. save the other half for topping.
Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in a small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture over the crust in the pan, and spread evenly with a knife or the back of a spoon.
Crumble the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate layer, pressing in gently. Cover, and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature before cutting into bars.
You'll also love
- Rice Crispy Treats 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Brownie Recipe 4.2/5 (30 Votes)
- Holiday Taters 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Healthy Granola Bar 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Magically Decadent Cookie Bars 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Chocolate Oatmeal Cake 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Peanut Butter or Chocolate Chip... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Tiger Butter 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!