- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Salted Crackers
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips (300g)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 3mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray
Line the cookie sheet with salted crackers
Bring 1 cup of butter and 1 cup of brown sugar to a boil for 3 minutes while stirring constantly.
Pour over crackers and spread it out
Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Mixture will be bubbly when you remove it.
Immediately sprinkle 1 bag of milk chocolate chips over top. Allow to soften for a minute, and then spread evenly with a spatula.
Put in the fridge for a couple of hours then break apart.
You'll also love
- Delicious Homemade Dinky Donuts 4/5 (112 Votes)
- Apple Strudel Bon-Bons 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- 3 minute cupcakes 4.3/5 (48 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Sweet Row Bread – with 65°C... 4/5 (111 Votes)
- Chocolate thumbprints 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Icebox Cookies 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Mildly Spicy Meatloaf Recipe 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.