Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines
A sweet variation of the classic domplines recipe
Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines. Discover our recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Oil for deep frying
- Sugar for dusting (option: you can add some cinnamon to the sugar)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix the dry ingredients together. Then add the butter, mix, and then slowly add the water while mixing until a batter is formed.
Cover the bowl with clingfilm and let sit on the kitchen counter for about half an hour.
Once the dough is done sitting, divide into small balls, flatten a little with a rolling pin or cut into the shape you like using cookie cutters. Deep fry until golden and dust with sugar.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1441 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1136 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (939 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Drop Donuts 4.1/5 (381 Votes)
- Mini Apple Pies 4.1/5 (274 Votes)
- White Chocolate Raffaello Cake 4.6/5 (225 Votes)
- Puerto Rican Domplines 4.2/5 (168 Votes)
- Vietnamese Salad Rolls 3.4/5 (206 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!