Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines
A sweet variation of the classic domplines recipe
Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines. Discover our recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Oil for deep frying
- Sugar for dusting (option: you can add some cinnamon to the sugar)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix the dry ingredients together. Then add the butter, mix, and then slowly add the water while mixing until a batter is formed.
Cover the bowl with clingfilm and let sit on the kitchen counter for about half an hour.
Once the dough is done sitting, divide into small balls, flatten a little with a rolling pin or cut into the shape you like using cookie cutters. Deep fry until golden and dust with sugar.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Five Minute Fudge 4.3/5 (219 Votes)
- Vietnamese Salad Rolls 3.3/5 (293 Votes)
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- MEXICAN PIZZA 3.3/5 (262 Votes)
- Bisquick Pie Crust 3.9/5 (203 Votes)
- PINEAPPLE CREAM PUFFS 4/5 (190 Votes)
- Puerto Rican Domplines 4.2/5 (169 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Taiwanese Fried Rice 3.8/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!